How FSGW is responding to COVID-19 (coronavirus)
What changed? - Tiers 1 and 2 are effectively the same as in the previous policy, just made clearer, and allowing some flexibility in Tier 2. Tier 1.5 is added to allow for not requiring proof of vaccination, when and where that is judged appropriate.
FSGW policy regarding COVID-19 and participation at in-person events.
FSGW policy regarding COVID-19 and participation at in-person events. The goal is to keep all healthy and to enable all to feel safe. FSGW hopes that everyone will approach participating at in-person events from a “good neighbor” perspective. Each of us is essential to keeping the community healthy. Thank you!
1) FSGW sponsors three levels of in-person event. FSGW will indicate the COVID-19 Policy Tier in event publicity.
Tier 1: FSGW requires that participants be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and that participants wear an acceptable mask. Proof of vaccination must be provided. FSGW encourages participants at a Tier 1 event to pre-register. Attendance limits will be enforced. (see bottom of page for what fully vaccinated means)
Tier 1.5: FSGW requires that participants wear an acceptable mask. FSGW encourages participants at a Tier 1.5 event to pre-register. Attendance limits will be enforced. Participants are encouraged, but not required, to follow the Tier 1 guidelines.
Tier 2: Participants are encouraged, but not required, to follow the Tier 1 guidelines.
2) FSGW requires that if a participant is feeling sick, they will stay home. Or if a participant has been exposed to someone who's been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the previous 10 days, they will stay home.
3) FSGW requires participants who test positive for COVID-19 in the 7 days after an attended event to promptly contact the event organizer or the president of FSGW.
4) FSGW will follow the directives issued by the Federal Government, the State of Maryland, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Virginia, and jurisdictions within the states of Maryland and Virginia.
5) FSGW will follow the rules established by the venue. Events held in private residences are subject to the rules established by the event host. FSGW reserves the right to alter this policy including canceling an event as necessary.
Participant: Any person registered for or at an event. This includes audience, dancers, singers, volunteers, performers and staff.
Fully Vaccinated: At least a full two weeks after the end of a full course of a COVID-19 vaccine. At least one booster is required, if eligible. Photographs of Vaccination certificates are acceptable.
Acceptable Mask: N95, KN95 or KF94. Double layer masks are not acceptable. Participants aged 6 or under are not required to be masked.
Symptoms of COVID-19: may include fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, loss of smell or taste, muscle or body aches. The variant symptoms may also include headache, runny nose, or sore throat.
Adopted July 6, 2021
Amended August 3, 2021
Amended September 14, 2021
Amended March 1, 2022
Reaffirmed October 11, 2022
Amended January 3, 2023
Amended March 7, 2023, to take effect May 1, 2023