FSGW policy regarding COVID-19 and participation at in-person events.
The goal is to keep all healthy and to enable all to feel safe. FSGW hopes that everyone will approach participating at in-person events from a “good neighbor” perspective. Each of us is essential to keeping the community healthy. Thank you!
Folklore Society of Greater Washington will follow the data in the CDC community transmission level Dashboard: https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#county-view. FSGW will permit events with in-person attendance if the level of Community Transmission of COVID-19 is Low in the jurisdiction where the event is to be held for the 14 days prior to the event. An event will automatically be postponed or cancelled if the level of Community Transmission of COVID-19 is Moderate, Substantial or High at the time of the event.
1) FSGW sponsors three Tiers of in-person events. FSGW will indicate the COVID-19 Policy Tier in event publicity.
Tier 1: FSGW requires that participants be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination must be provided. A participant may decline to share their vaccination status, but if so, they will not be allowed to attend the event in person.
Tier 2: Same requirements as Tier 1. Additionally, if you are not vaccinated, you may provide proof of a Rapid COVID-19 antigen test taken within six hours of the event. Rapid COVID-19 Antigen tests are available at many clinics throughout the DMV area, and most urgent care sites. Please note that these generally require an appointment in advance. At-home tests will not be accepted. Universal masking will be required.
Tier 3: Same requirements as Tier 2 for FSGW participants. Tier 3 events occur at shared venues, where there may be individuals sharing the venue who are not following the FSGW COVID-19 policy.
2) FSGW requires that participants be registered. Attendance limits will be enforced. Preregistration is encouraged. Walk Up registrations will be accepted until the attendance limit is reached.
3) FSGW will keep a contact trace log via the registration. Name, email and a telephone number must be provided. FSGW will not keep copies of the proof of vaccination. FSGW may keep track of a participant’s vaccination status.
4) FSGW requires that if a participant is feeling sick, they will stay home. Or if a participant has been exposed to someone who's been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the previous 2 weeks, they will stay home.
5) FSGW requires participants who test positive for COVID-19 within two weeks after an attended event to promptly contact the event organizer or the president of FSGW.
6) FSGW will follow the directives issued by the Federal Government, the State of Maryland, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Virginia, and jurisdictions within the states of Maryland and Virginia.
7) FSGW will follow the rules established by the venue. Events held in private residences are subject to the rules established by the event host.
8) In the event of a COVID-19 case being identified, FSGW will deliver the event contact trace log to the appropriate authority for follow up.
FSGW reserves the right to alter this policy including canceling an event as necessary.
Participant: Any person registered for or at an event. This includes audience, dancers, singers, volunteers, performers and staff.
Fully Vaccinated: A full 2 weeks after the end of a full course of a COVID-19 vaccine.
Symptoms of COVID-19: may include fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, loss of smell or taste, muscle or body aches. The Delta variant symptoms may also include headache, runny nose, or sore throat.